Writing was one of many outlets for Sue to reflect on past and current events in her life. Her writing touched on her thoughts regarding love, mental health, motherhood, relationships, and her views on society.
A sampling of publications that printed her work:
- Woman Becoming, December 1972 and July 1973
- Rye Bread: Women Poets Rising, January 1977
- In Our Own Write: Washington Area Women’s Center Inc., November 1978
- Sojourner: The New England Women's Journal of News, Opinions, and the Arts, Vol. 4, No. 2; October 1978
- Off Our Backs (oob), Vol. 12, No. 6; June 1982
- Maize: A Lesbian Country Magazine, Spring and Fall 1994